Thursday, January 31, 2008
Russian Cream with Berries
from Carol Lambert
I served this at Book Group last night. It was delicious and I will use it again. Great for Valentine!
1 pkg gelatin
¾ cup sugar
1 cup water
Combine in a saucepan and boil 5 minutes. Remove and cool slightly
1-1/2 cup sour cream
1 cup heavy cream
1 tsp vanilla
Combine and mix well until all lumps are incorporated. Add gelatin mixture to cream mixture, fold and mix with wisk til smooth. Do not beat.
Pour into small serving dishes or into a large bowl. Chill for several hours or overnight.
Serve with berry sauce, fresh raspberries or whatever fruit you like. I think a Rhubarb sauce would be great on it. I used Ruthanne’s raspberry sauce (recipe follows) and fresh raspberries, blueberries, strawberries. It was pretty and delicious.
1. Raspberry Sauce for Australian Pavlova
Thaw and drain 2 10 oz pgs. frozen raspberries. Reserve all syrup. Add water to make 1 cup syrup if necessary. In a 2 quart saucepan, stir together ¼ cup sugar and 1 tablespoon cornstarch. Gradually stir in the reserved syrup keeping smooth (stick blender),juice of 1 lemon and pinch of salt. Stir in drained raspberries.
Stirring constantly, cook over med heat until clear, thickened and boiling. Strain and press through strainer to remove seeds if desired. Cool. Store in a tightly covered container in refrigerator.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment