2 c. flour
1 ½ c. brown sugar
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. salt
2 ½ sticks butter, melted
1 jar (Pint) Mrs. Richardson’s butterscotch caramel
1 pkg milk chocolate chips Heat oven to 375 degrees. Mix dry ingredients together, pour in melted butter. Mix well.
Spread half (or a little more) of mixture into 9 ½ by 13 in. pan. Bake for about 17 minutes or until golden brown. Right before you take the crust out of the oven, melt caramel in microwave for about 1 minute to soften. Pour caramel over top of crust. Then sprinkle on chocolate chips. (Make this as chocolately or caramely to your own taste). Spread the rest of the oat mixture on top. Bake for another 8 minutes. Let them COMPLETELY COOL and cut, at room temperature, into any size bars. (Carolyn likes them warm and gooey.)

17 comments:
Oh my, now I'm hungry! I've got to print your recipe -- those look seriously yummy! Have a great weekend.
Janet
P.S. Came over from your daughter's blog.
Hello and welcome to blogging! I will LOVE your blog and can't wait for some great recipes! This blog is THE cutest thing I have ever seen! (Erin's is a close second - OK, they are both beautiful!) Can't wait to check in! AND I will be telling my mom about this, she will love it! Carrie
I know Erin through adopting. We have a 2 year old from China. I love to cook! I try new things at least 3 times a week! Love the recipes! I will be trying them.
Erin always has great goodies and food at her home and I am sure she inherited all her wonderful cooking skills from her mother!
I know this will be another one of my favorite blogs to check on...I love to cook goodies! Plus I think your such a cute grammy! :)
Olivia (Erin's Friend)
Grammy made these tonight for my son Coleman's Eagle Court of Honor. They were a real hit. Thank you Grammy! We love the blog...and we love you!
Love, Heather and the Hansen Clan
Love the sweets! Thanks for sharing. I also came over from Erin's blog...you have a beautiful family!
Grammy, I'm so excited for your yummy recipes!!! You are truley the BEST cook (and Grammy)! I love you so much
Hello, Libby's Grammy! We also know your family through China Adoption. Your desserts look so good! What a fun a Grammy you are!Welcome to blogging! :)
Hi welcome to blog world! I came through Erin's blog also. Love the pictures of you baking with your grandchildren. Memories that will last a life time. Those Carmelitos look YUMMY! I'll be checking in often. Very cute blog.
Erin sent me over here! Oh boy do those look yummy! I can't wait to try your recipes!
I found your blog through your daughter's site. So glad to see you enter the blogging world! Your site is lovely.
I have to say, that I absolutely adore your kitchen! Really beautiful! Looking forward to trying your recipes.
Tracy
I'm so glad Erin directed me to your blog! I need all the delicious recipes you can come up with! It sounds like you are just as amazing and full of life as Erin!
Congrats on your blog! It looks lovely.
Kim
The carmelitos look great. I love the pictures with Libby:)
What a lovely blog!! What a fabulous Grammy you must be!! One of my most favorite things to do with my daughter, Lia, is to bake or cook. I will be chekcing your blog frequently!
Kate
I may gain weight with a blog like yours around! Looks so yummy!
Welcome to blogland. I love new recipes-so your blog is going under my favorites. Thanks for sharing your recipes and how fun is it to cook with such an adorable cooking partner as Libby.
Post a Comment